As well as considering the Vestry allegations, Kate Wood was invited to express an opinion on:
- whether Martyn Percy breached clergy harassment or disciplinary policies;
- whether Christ Church needed to invoke safeguarding procedures;
- whether the matter should be treated as a disciplinary issue and/or one of safeguarding;
- whether she immediately advised that Martyn Percy posed a safeguarding risk so that additional restrictions needed to apply to him;
- whether Martyn Percy should be reported to the Police and local area safeguarding teams.
In essence, Kate Wood was being asked to offer an opinion on which the College could base a number of decisions relating to safeguarding and the Dean’s future employment. Her report therefore has huge significance in terms of the dispute between some Christ Church members and the Dean.